Saturday, July 23, 2005

Watermelon

If there was ever a place that could have a watermelon festival it is the city that I live in. I bought three melons today for $1. I had one for dinner tonight and I will have the other two tomorrow. There are mountains of watermelon every where. It was interesting strapping three melons on the back of my bike. I have come along way when it comes to carrying things on the back of my bike. I can just about carry anything now. The watermelon are great for everyone, men will walk up buy a watermelon, sit down right there in the shade and eat the whole thing. It is possible to see this every where. The only problem is that a season is a season, when things are in season here they are cheap if it is not the season, you cannot find it. So take mangos for example when they really were in season I ate a couple a days, now it is watermelon so I will eat one a day. But the winter is tough here I have heard potatoes, onions, beets and carrots. That is pretty much it.
So I will eat a watermelon for you today.

1 Comments:

Blogger momtonomad said...

I like cantloupe better.. but the pictures you sent of the watermelon make the ones you have there put ours to shame... I bought some homegrown canteloupe this week... my steady diet.... no points...
Mom

8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home