Thursday, December 15, 2005

Trying to get back-

My very first flight leaving Frankfurt was delayed 4 hours, and by the time I would arrive at in Bahrain, I would miss the next flight to Dubai. This meant that I would miss the next two flights, so I had to completely rebook every flight. I ended up getting to stay the night in Bahrain, which they actually put me up in the Hilton, so it was not that bad after all. Then this also meant that I got to stay the night in Dubai, which might be pushing for one of the worst moments in my life. Trying to sleep in an airport is like trying to sleep on the freeway. I can live without anything, but I am not a happy camper when I cannot sleep. Plus it is really nice of the Dubai airport, to put as few chairs a possible in the airport, then to make those chairs as uncomfortable as possible. It is funny when ever thrown into situations like that I always seem to meet the greatest people. I made dozens of friends, and after a few minutes you would think that we had been friends for years. I met one guy from California, he left this country that I am living in now twenty years ago. He bought me some tea and fruit. We had such a wonderful visit. I met a student from Indonesia, he was studying in Germany. We talked for along time about cultural differences between Asia and the Western world. In the end I am back home and it all just makes for a interesting story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home