Packing
So, what does one take to the other side of the world. Well, this is funny because I have started packing my bags and realize that if my bags were checked at the airport they might think that I was the strangest person around and not let me board. I am taking enough tea to serve China, a leather football, hearing aid, make-up, three cameras, a jump rope, grits, peanut butter (crunchy) post cards of Oklahoma, of course a book or two, my favorite pair of jeans, contacts and contact solution and deodorant and now just added to the list some bags of chips. There is no need to take lots of clothes because the "style" is different. There is no need to take a lot of electronics because everything is 220 and most of our electronics run off 110. There is not much need to take dozens of books because I have around 200 books on my computer and it will take me years and years to read these. There is no need to take much of anything, well other then these few random items. Most of these items that I am taking are not for me but for friends living in the area. Sending stuff to Central Asia is a joke, well I guess if you don't mind waiting forever and paying an arm and a leg. So it is best to just have someone bring them to you in person. I have yet to even fill-up a single suitcase, so maybe I will have to go buy a few more food items that are hard to get in country. Maybe I should take a few more items of clothes. Hopefully I will come up with something. In packing I would prefer to have the camera in my carry on and anything that is breakable. Which would leave me lots of room in my suitcase. The funny thing is no matter how well you think that you have packed there is always something that you wish that you would have packed and you always end up with those items that are useless, which the great thing about food items is this never seems to be the problem.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home