Monday, February 06, 2006

Deforestation-

With my new job in the mountains one of my roles will be working on some reforestation projects, but for some reason when ever I talked to people in the last few weeks all they hear the word deforestation instead of reforestation. When they ask me what kind of deforestation it is nice to tell them that I want to help organize the deforestation of this country. To complete the task the country is going to be completely free of all trees in the next tens years we are going to have to work hard and make sure that every tree it cut. This is a very sad thing here in this country. I do not know if there has been ever a worst case example of deforestation in the world then in here. I was talking to one guy the other day with a very large NGO what they were doing on reforestation he said nothing, it was a impossible cause.

And in reality it is a very impossible cause, so much war and destructions, so much poverty. It is hard to teach a people about reforestation when there children are dying because of the cold and the only choice they have to stay alive is to cut down the trees.

1 Comments:

Blogger erin beth said...

Justin, I'm proud of you and very glad you are going to help reforest the country. Its needed so badly.

9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home