Friday, March 10, 2006

The Deaf-


We have a man working in our office that is deaf. He has been working for the office about a year. He is currently working on some projects for the park. I thought it was hard enough for me to communicate in the language, but talking to him has been a challenge.

But I have been surprised to understand him when many others have no idea what he is talking about I guess my sign-language skills are better then my local language skills.

This is very sad because I have never taken a sign-language class before in my life. He asked me to take a picture of him, so I thought that I would put in on my blog.

I was told that he used to be able to hear when he was a little boy, but because of all the war and fighting in the land, that the sheer shock of all the fighting and all the things that he viewed caused him to lose his hearing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home