Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Tea Snob-

No one likes a snob.

I have never really seen myself as a snob but I must admit that the tea here is horrible and I am truly a tea snob. It tastes like boiled weeds in muddy water. Actually it is not really fair for me to judge the tea here in this way. When I lived in Taiwan I drank tea that cost $150 a pound. I had friends that had a tea shop and every day I would sit with them and drink some of the finest tea in the world. The only problem with this is that I cannot drink anything else, and I cannot find good tea anywhere in this county. I went to a tea shop and asked for their finest tea and they pointed to the mountain of green tea and said that it was $1.50 a pound, in Taiwan they would not have served this poor of quality to prisoners. This is the bottom of the barrel tea from China, which makes inferior tea, or the tea comes from Pakistan which serves milk in there tea. You would never do this to good tea, but only to poor tea to cover up the awful taste. But still everywhere I go people serve me this tea that is unbearable. I try to tell them no, but usually end up drinking at least one glass of this poison daily. I am afraid that I am ruined for life and I do not know what I can do. Actually I brought a little bit of good tea with me and the other night I made a glass and I almost started crying it taste so good. I tried once when I was in the States to go to the Asian market and buy some but it was no good, it is better then the tea here but it is just not the same. Actually I try to drink black tea because in my opinion all black tea is the same and it all taste bad. The only truly good tea in the world is green tea. Jasmine tea is not bad and there are some good herbal teas but nothing compares to a good cup of green tea. So if you have any advice I would love to hear from you. I thought about growing my own tea here in the mountains but I have no way of processing it. Maybe I will say that I am allergic to poor tea and I will die if I drink another glass, which is close to the truth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home