Saturday, June 10, 2006

Find Me Chinese

A couple of months ago I wrote a story about the Chinese being everywhere in the world and now it is true. Who would have know that my prophesy would look me in the face and to make things even wilder they are moving in with me. We have six Chinese coming to B-town to work with us. The two guys who do not speak a word of English are moving in with me. And the other four girls will be living with two of my friends here. I have already started translating from the local language to Chinese. I never thought a day would come, the smell of Chinese cooking fills the kitchen. When I hear the Chinese slang spoken it makes me want to cry. My first few words in Chinese that I had spoken in three years came out like babies first words. But once I started rolling watch out. My only problem is that I want to mix languages, not on purpose, but when I cannot find a word in Chinese I just fill it with a local word, which I know must sound unearthly. With a little practice that rusty vocabulary will be a fine tuned machine. I will write more about my new friends soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home