Monday, May 22, 2006

Fearless vs. Reckless

Something has changed in me over this last year, instead of becoming more fearful, like most people who live here. I have become even more fearless. It amazes me how many people have the strength to move here to A-land then live in constant fear. In the capital people are afraid to leave there home, they are afraid of about everything. But I have found that this country has done just the opposite to me. I feel like nothing can hurt me and I am not afraid of going anywhere or doing anything. Actually I think that this influence comes from the local people. I have never been around a people so bold. They do not fear death, they do not fear war, and they fear absolutely nothing. These very people defeated the Soviet Union when they tried to occupy A-land. They were able to do this because they did not fear the super power. I think that it must be in their blood. The problem is that this blood is now running through my veins. I have tried to become more cautious but it is hard when I do not fear anything. The main problem is that this blood is not so much fearless but rather reckless. If I look back on my life as a little boy maybe I have always been reckless. There is the time that I set my backyard on fire and the time that I jumped out of the tree house when I was 5 years old. Maybe it has taken my whole life to find people more reckless and fearless then me, and now that I know that they exist I am at peace living among them.

4 Comments:

Blogger erin beth said...

hey j read ashlie's last blog entry http://www.ashlie-justlife.blogspot.com/

and the comment-

10:47 AM  
Blogger LEW said...

the true test is if you can walk down the street/road holding the guy's hand that's next to you...interlaced! Now that's fearless!
jk.
It's great that you really get to live with and like the locals.
erika

3:25 PM  
Blogger momtonomad said...

Wow, wonderful photos J.I water looks so deep blue... You and Q look great. We had fresh strawberries this weekend and I thought about you the whole time I prepared them and then I see you had some... cool. Love and miss you bunches. Mom

5:29 PM  
Blogger Justin Vorel said...

I prefer kissing over holding hands, but we have pictures at the new year festivals where I was holding hands with two of my friends. I will try to post a photo.

3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home