Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Super Model?

Super Model?
So I live in one of the most conservative Islamic countries in the whole world. In my world women are covered head to toe and the men really do pray five times a day. This country gives fundamentalist and extreme a whole new meaning. One of the project that I started helping with is a TB project. There are many goals to this project but one of the main ones is to make aware the dangers of TB. I have a background in photography and art and volunteered to help out. At first we were working with some local artist to make a huge billboard to put up in the city. When I saw the artist renderings they left much to be desired and I quickly said that I could do something better then that. Well, what was going on the billboard was two men one with TB and the other health man who is contracting TB. Not wanting to have to ask many one else to pose I just took an image of myself and altered them in Photoshop. It has taken us a couple of weeks to make all the revisions and to get everything approved but we are in the final stages. The image was altered so that one is sickly with heavy shadows. I then attached two images of lungs and removed the faces. This is so that if this billboard starts a riot then they will not come looking for me. TB is a serious problem in this country and I hope that this is all for a good cause. Billboards are not that common and they are very conservative. It was not until a few months ago was a woman even allowed to be on a billboard and even then she was in a veil. This is not a CK billboard, but for this country this is super stardom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home