Friday, August 12, 2005

ESCAPE

I found out that my name means escape, like escape from prison in the local language. I have a name in the local language that I go that means one submitted to God. It was given to me by a really good friend and it has stuck. But one thing that I found out is that another foreigner friend of mine here his name means murderer. I do not have the heart to tell him that, but I found out that it is a colloquial form of the word and so most people do not know it so I guess it is OK if your name means murderer.

1 Comments:

Blogger Justin Vorel said...

Actually I go by two different names, my english name in the local language means escape. I have a nickname that I go by here and it means follower of God. Names are given to you like in the U.S. when you are a baby, so if you have a really bad name I guess you just get use to it.

10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home