Bandera Race!
Three years ago my mom and I went and did this little race in south Texas called Bandera.
We had the time of our lives. I ended up running the 100km race and she ran the 25km.
We both had no idea what we were doing but we both finished.
We decided a few months ago that this year we are going to do the race again.
We have both started training and hopefully we will both be ready come January 13th.
I am training at 8,000 feet were there are no flat areas for more then a mile or two at a time.
So I am sure that if I can train here then some hills in south Texas will not be a problem.
Plus this year I promised my mom that I would only do the 50km race and then I would finish in time that we can go into San Antonio for a night out on the town. But I am sure after the race the river walk will not seem as appealing, so we might just take the little river boat.
http://www.tejastrails.com/Bandera.html
We had the time of our lives. I ended up running the 100km race and she ran the 25km.
We both had no idea what we were doing but we both finished.
We decided a few months ago that this year we are going to do the race again.
We have both started training and hopefully we will both be ready come January 13th.
I am training at 8,000 feet were there are no flat areas for more then a mile or two at a time.
So I am sure that if I can train here then some hills in south Texas will not be a problem.
Plus this year I promised my mom that I would only do the 50km race and then I would finish in time that we can go into San Antonio for a night out on the town. But I am sure after the race the river walk will not seem as appealing, so we might just take the little river boat.
http://www.tejastrails.com/Bandera.html

2 Comments:
Die rats die! You WIll NOT survive Justin! I enjoyed reading this one, Justin. Made me laugh. Have a great day.
how come i've never heard of that race and i'm from south texas? guess i'm not a good texan. the rat story was really funny, especially the last sentence.
Post a Comment
<< Home