Thursday, May 26, 2005

A New Place to Live

I am moving into a new apartment. It has two bedrooms, small kitchen and a bathroom that is actually attached to the rest of the apartment. The rent is high for the standard of a local here, but it is very reasonable for the location. You cannot get more in the heart of the city. It is a new apartment and so it is very clean. The view is wonderful it looks over a park and the largest mosque in the city. It is like looking of Central Park in New York. I have another friend that will be moving here soon and we will be able to share it. The couple that I was living with are returning to the U.S. in another month or two and I was faced with the decision to keep renting the house or find something else. The house was actually quite a ways out of the city and it was too much for one person to take care of, maybe if I had a family it would be a perfect place but as a single guy the apartment in the city is much better. I have already started making friends with the guys down stairs that run a printing shop, stationary shop and curtain maker. It is a fairly large building. All of them are friends and they get together every evening to talk and laugh.
The do have a few neighbors on the second floor with me but I have not met them yet.
I am hoping that the apartment will always have lots of guest and it will be a great place for all to hang out and share stories.

1 Comments:

Blogger momtonomad said...

J,
Enjoy your stories... You are to old to remember but when I was a child we had the same experience with produce. We only had veg when they were grown locally and only in season. When I was a little girl we only had canteloupe for about 2 or 3 weeks in the summer. Of course, since it was my favorite fruit and it was only available around the first of June I always wanted canteloupe with my birthday meal.
We had new potatoes this last weekend and fresh squash.It was great I am told that green beans will be ripe in the next weeks. Remember when Grandma Bertie had the best green beans in the world.
Every once in a while
Bobby will say " this the best (whatever) I have ever had" He knows it makes me smile because that reminds me of you...
I love and miss you. I am so proud of you...
Mom

7:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home