Tuesday, October 24, 2006

How to find the love of your life!-

Yes, I am desperate. Not to find the love of my life but for something to read. I called a friend of mine in the Capital and asked him to send me a few books to read. I have already read all of these books I own here at least once and read a majority of them twice. So I do not know if it was a joke or not but he sent me a few books and one of them was titled “How to find the love of your life”. So yesterday at a very low point in my life I read the book. I must say that I picked up some great advice, but I do not think any of it applied to my life here. But one piece of advice that it should have included was is if you want to find the love of your life do not to move to the mountains of A-land. If I was the author I would include of places not to move to if you want to find the love of your life, this would include the Sahara desert, Antarctica, the Amazon rainforest and the place where I live. But I did see a girl a couple of weeks ago I think. I am not quite sure I remember what girls look like, it has been so long since I actually saw on of those strange creatures they call woman.
Seriously I have never read a book so out context to the reality that I live in. The idea that you could pick a mate, let alone meet a mate, that is making a lot of assumptions like there are actual mates! There was one part I need to treat seriously like the chapter that wrote about only healthy people makes healthy marriages. Does this author know where I live; I have not been healthy physically, emotionally or mentally at any point in my time in A-land.
I will need to put myself in intense counseling sessions for the next twenty years to deal with all my issues. That is one problem that I have with books written by psychologist, I always end up with more problems by the end of the book then I did before I ever picked the book up. With all the issues I should be ready for a friendship with the opposite sex sometime around 2026 and marriage some time around 2046.
We Americans area so funny, every country in the world has a lower divorce rate then we do, but we have published 90% of the relationship books on the worlds markets. I should write a book called:

“How to find the perfect mate in the third world style”

Chapter one- Don’t pick who you marry! (Arranged Marriages)
Chapter two- Your opinion does matter, but not to us.
Chapter three- Love is a four letter word- Work
Chapter four- The world does not revolve around you, so try thinking about someone else.
Chapter five- Get off your lazy ass and do something.
Chapter six- We are all sick and tired.
Chapter seven- In the end it does not matter if you like each other.
Chapter eight- Don’t worry there is always reincarnation. Better luck next time.

I have not had time to finish polishing off all the chapters so do not hold it against me. I have no idea if it would sell in western book stores, but it would be good for us to learn from some pointers from the third world countries.
Most marriages in the third world involve the whole community and the whole community works to make the marriages work. That is why the divorcee rate is so low. Another thing that the book wrote about is the more that a couple has in common the more likely the marriage will last. Our problem in the west is that so many couples have nothing in common other then physical attraction. A lot of third world marriages come from extended families or the same village, so they have almost everything in common. Ok, I think this is enough marriage advice from someone who has no idea what he is talking about.
But I did read a book!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home